Tuesday 18 November 2008

Drogba gets three-match ban

Didier Drogba was today given a three-game ban following the coin throwing incident against Burnley in the Carling Cup last week.

The Ivorian forward was quite rightly banned for the incident in which he threw a coin into the crowd after having the coin thrown at him by a Burnley fan.

Drogba also stuck his finger up at the fans before throwing the coin into the crowd.

A three-game ban seems to me like a let off for Drogba, Robin Van Persie was given the same ban for his 'elbowing' incident on Thomas Sorensen against Stoke.

To actually swear at fans and throw a coin into the crowd, does not seem to me to equate to barging into a goalkeeper. I'm not defending Van Persie's actions by any means, he was rightly sent off, but the incidents are in my opinion completely different in terms of their severity.

Once again Chelsea seem to have been let off by the FA, I'm sure I don't have to remind Gunners fans of the Carling Cup final of 2007!!

1 comment:

François Aulner said...

Nothing to do with the article, but there seems to be a japanese club or smthg in the ranking...