Wednesday 18 February 2009

Great Dane starting to make an impact?

Source: wonker Flick
Nicklas Bendtner has not always been at the top of the list of Arsenal fans' first-choice strikers, but things are starting to change.

The 21 year-old Dane has been on a good run of form recently. Having been misquoted by some sections of the press at the weekend, which published that he said he should be playing every game, he formed a good partnership with Eduardo on Monday night, scoring a headed goal from a corner.

This goal takes his tally to 9 for the season, equalling his goals scored for the whole of last season. He has also made more starts than substitute appearances this season, showing Wenger's faith in the forward. Bendtner has now scored 18 goals in 34 starts for the club, which on the face of it is an impressive strike rate.

Bendtner has found himself deployed in wider positions than normal of late, but he said: "Obviously it's not my favourite position but I'm happy to do a job there if the boss asks me to. When I look back though I think I have done quite well there so it's been good for me, it's helped me develop as a player."

With Emmanuel Adebayor out and Eduardo still regaining full-match fitness, Bendtner may be given more opportunities to add to his tally in the next few games.

No comments: